An introduction to the project:
We at the IHDRF are proud to support the grand Iraqi National Marriage Initiative for the youth – very popularly referred to as Bayt al Mawaddah. It is a vital step towards the prosperity of the youth of the great nation of Iraq. The youth of Iraq – regardless of creed or tribe, for many decades have been the subject of persecution, war, and poverty. In addition to this, they have been the target of cultural invasions and vices – the dangerous consequences of which, would destroy our future generations. It is with this in mind, That the IHDRF supports the Bayt al Mawaddah initiative. This initiative is crucial for our youth to re-build their lives:
it is an opportunity for our youth to live a life of love and compassion – when they have been surrounded by war and hatred.
- it is through the institution of marriage that one finds a new and refined purpose in life – after having been surrounded by hopelessness.
- it is through the institution of marriage that we build a national culture where family ties and relationships are preserved and valued.
- it is through the institution of marriage that our future generations are protected from immorality and social vices.
- It is through the institution of marriage that we nourish a generation of youth who look at life through a selfless lense. Not only will we raise a generation that works and lives to ensure the best interests of their family are met, but that of their nation are also met.
- It is through marriage, that we can raise and nourish a new generation of Iraqis who will look at life from the lenses of love, peace, harmony and positivity rather than war, hatred, loneliness and negativity.
By promoting the institution of marriage, we are building the foundations of a healthy and prosperous Iraq. Through this initiative, we hope that poverty or lack of finances will never be a barrier for two individuals to be united through Marriage – and this is in line with the Qur’anic verse from the Holy Quran:
وَأَنْكِحُوا الْأَيَامَىٰ مِنْكُمْ وَالصَّالِحِينَ مِنْ عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ ۚ إِنْ يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاءَ يُغْنِهِمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ
“Marry the single people from among you and the righteous slaves, men and women. If you are poor, Allah (SWT) will make you rich through His favour; and Allah (SWT) is Bountiful, All-Knowing.” (Surah al Nur: 32)
Imam Hussein Development and Relief Foundation is extremely proud to support this initiative particularly due to the fact that it is not restricted to any religion or creed.
How it works
Material assistance is granted either in kind (essential home appliances such as washing machines, stoves, cookers, bedroom sets or furniture) to the youth who are newly married.
More importantly, a mandatory marriage seminar is arranged for the couples to attend. The goal of the session is to educate the couples on:
- The essential etiquettes for a happy and prosperous marriage
- Introduction to parenting
- Introduction to Finances and budgeting
Our motto is plain and simple: “Let poverty never be a barrier towards marriage”. Our current allocation allows us to provide furnishings and cost of the seminar for a maximum of £1300 per couple.You can help be a part of someone’s marriage and bring joy to their lives by contributing any amount towards the purchase of housing essentials or contributing towards the fees of the counselling sessions.